Business lawyer Blog

You must report certain changes to China Goverment. Like shareholders, address, legal representative, business scope, captial, etc.

Changing your company’s registered office address You must tell industrial and commercial bureau if you want to change your company’s registered office address. If the change is approved, you will change all licenses of your chinese company.

Your company’s new registered office address must be in the same part of the China that the company was registered (incorporated). Your business’ contact details change – for example, your name, business name or your personal or trading address.

Changes that shareholders must approve
You may need to get shareholders to vote on the decision if you want to:

1. Change the company name.
2. Remove a director.
3. Change the company’s articles of association.

Shareholder voting when you decide to change the articles of association ( for example : company name, business scope, shareholders / investors, registered address, captial, legal rep, supervisors, etc.

When you are working out whether you have a majority, count the number of shares that give the owner the right to vote, rather than the number of shareholders.

You do not necessarily need to have a meeting of shareholders to pass a resolution. If the right amount of shareholders have told you they agree, you can confirm the resolution in writing. But you must write to all shareholders letting them know about the decision.